GBU - risk assessment tool design
GBU(Gefährdungsbeurteilung) is a digitalized and centralized tool for Allianz colleagues who are working on the assessment of working conditions and risks. It enables Allianz colleagues to conduct risk assessments on-site and to define and manage the measures to reduce or mitigate the risks. It also provides a dashboard and a report generator that shows the overview and status of all the risk assessments. GBU improves the workflow and productivity of the users, as well as reduces paper usage, and enhances data quality and security.
Client Allianz Germany
My Role User experience design, user interface design, workshop moderation
The challenge for this project was to make the risk assessment process easier, faster, and more efficient for the Allianz colleagues who are working on the assessment of working conditions and risks for other companies or buildings. They used to work with paper on-site and put the data on the computer when they were back to the office. This was time-consuming, error-prone, and hard to centralize.
Find the responsibilities
Know how missing
Who does it?
Process transparency missing
Process missing/ not defined
Automatically save every writing in the system
Select and add people
Automatic e-mail as a task/reminder
Documentation naming + search + find
Generate a report with important data + info
export as pdf, excel, word
The goal of this tool is to make the risk assessment process easier, faster, and more efficient for the Allianz colleagues who are working on the assessment of working conditions and risks for other companies or buildings. The tool aims to address the user needs, goals, frustrations, and expectations that were identified in the user research and workshop phases.
The workshop involved over 20 people from different backgrounds and expertise, who were divided into four groups. Each group had to create four prototypes in a day, based on the user needs and pain points that we identified in the previous phase. At the end of the day, every group presented its own prototype to the rest of the participants and shared their feedback and insights. Based on the ideas that came out of the workshop, we designed the tool that would address the user's problems and expectations.
Based on the wireframe, I created the first clickable prototype in Sketch and we shared it with the customers for feedback using InVision. We had several meetings with the customers to discuss the feedback and the changes that were needed to go to the next step. We also tested the prototype with some potential users to validate our design decisions and identify any usability issues.